Formal Letter of Self Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is See Kai Wei, one of your students from TLM1010 Technical Communication and I'm writing this letter today to formally introduce myself to you. Prior to pursuing a degree in Telematics at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), I studied at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, where I received a Diploma in Business Studies with specializations in Marketing and International Business. Despite my background in business, I have decided to choose this course due to my preference for a hands-on learning experience, as well as to pick up vital professional skills such as programming. Personally, I am an advocate for new technology, thus the prospects that Telematics brings, such as driverless vehicles and automated supply chain systems, undoubtedly intrigue me.

Personally, I believe that one of my biggest strengths in communication is that I am excellent at listening. Having been taught the skill of active listening, I am able to listen and understand the needs and concerns of the other party. Thus, this allows me to form appropriate and tactful answers during a conversation.

However, I am aware that I may not be as well-versed in certain aspects of communication as well, such as being too sensitive at times, especially during confrontations where I may not be able to convey my opinions fully due to a fear of hurting someone else's feelings. I believe that there is a fine line between being direct and rude, as well as being tactful and not being able to get the point across.

As I strongly believe that the journey to mastering communications is an endless one, there are several skills that I would like to improve on. First, I would like to learn how to give feedback in a direct manner while being tactful at the same time. Lastly, I would like to learn how to become more proficient at engaging a large audience. Due to a lack of exposure to speaking to a larger audience, I still feel slightly uncomfortable should I be required to do so. I hope that this course would help me to improve in these aspects and I greatly look forward to learning from you throughout the duration of this course.

Yours Sincerely,
See Kai Wei



Edited on 02/10/19

Comments

  1. Hello Kai Wei,

    The content in your blog is well organised and you were able to point out and elaborate on your strength and weakness in communication.Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haziq,
      Thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to work harder and do my best to improve on my writing!

      Cheers,
      Kai Wei

      Delete
  2. Dear Kai Wei,

    Thank you for the clear and concise self introduction. Good to know that you are an active listener during discussion. Being your blogging buddies, i hope that we can strive together to achieve results in the following weeks.

    Regards,

    Jun Hui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jun Hui,

      Thank you for honest and constructive feedback. Hope we can learn more from each other and improve together as blogging buddies!

      Cheers,
      Kai Wei

      Delete





  3. Dear Kai Wei,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and complete letter. You attend to all the areas of the assignment, give good detail on your background and explain why you have elected to make the switch from business to telematics. I also appreciate how you describe your comm skills strengths and weaknesses, with specific details. In terms of what you have addressed for module goals, rest assured that we will address each of those (as you must see already in giving summary feedback!).

    There are a couple language issues for you to consider related to sentence structure:
    -- Personally an advocate for new technology, the prospects that Telematics can bring, such as driverless vehicles and automated supply chain systems undoubtedly intrigue me. > (huh? what's the subject? Who is the advocate for new tech?)
    -- I am able to listen and understand the needs and concerns of the other party, thus, this allows me to form appropriate and tactful answers during a conversation. > (comma splice)

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Prof Brad,

      Thank you for your insightful and constructive feedback. I'll definitely do my best to improve and I look forward to learning more from this module!

      Cheers,
      See Kai Wei

      Delete
  4. Dear Kai Wei,

    Great content you've got and thanks for sharing on your communication weakness. I hope this module will help you overcome your communication weakness. Not to worry as you've got myself and the class to go through this with you. Nonetheless, I look forward to learning more about you through this class!

    Cheers,
    Yingquan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yingquan,
      Thank you for your kind comments. I look forward to learning more throughout the course of this module together with you as well!

      Cheers,
      Kai Wei

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts